Weekly Update Belayed


It has been one hell of a week and weekend for that matter. I found out last night my Godmother has come down with a mild heart disease and is slowly going to waste away on me. I feel slightly guilty for not wanting to go over there over the summer like I should have, but I'm going to make an attempt to head over there as much as possible-especially now. I don't want to be crying at her funeral because I was an asshole and neglected to visit. I'm going to make the time, regardless of what is going on at school. I've found that the work load is not as hard as I have previously thought as long as I use my shifts at my job to get ahead in whatever I can. It's especially a good time for the music history encounter.

I bombed my conducting musical terms test, which is 40% of the overall grade for the semester. I'm not too worried though after talking to Judy, I can still pass conducting I with a B as long as I do everything perfect from here on out. I've been practicing conducting every day after I'm done practicing my clarinet and it seems to be helping out. I really don't want to have to ever take a class over, I have never had to take a class over in my entire academic career and I don't want to start doing it again.

On a lighter note, I've decided for sure that a cold air intake is going on my ride. It will give her a more aggressive sound, even though she already sounds mean now. She's at 158hp, which is not bad for a 4 cylinder, but still not as quick off the line as I would like. It'll boost her to 168hp and with a few more mods like wrapping the manifold and down pipe and maybe changing the muffler she should be at 200hp or just under-which should give her the boost I'm looking for. Once I get her up to about 60, mashing down on the pedal is amazing. You get pushed back in to the seat and she's responsive and seems to enjoy it herself. This modification will most likely happen at the start of summer, as I have to save up for it. 400 dollars is most likely what it's going to cost me, and with the coming of the winter and wet season I don't want to have to worry about changing the intake around after having the new one on for only a short time. Even with a splash guard, the air filter can get wet and I just don't want to have to deal with it right now. Not to mention I have to take her in to get rustproofed still, and I'm not sure how much that is going to cost yet......

end of line.

0 comments

Post a Comment

 
|  Music for Life. Blogger Template By Lawnydesignz Powered by Blogger