Done, exhausted. Bring on the break.


Semester one of Junior year can officially be checked off the to do list of my life. It's been a grueling and exhausting 20 weeks and I am so glad to finally be at the holidays and on a nice long 3 week respite. So out of all my grades I only have two finals to report. The first is a Pass in my non-credit classical ensembles (Clarinet quartet) which is nice but does not count for very much. The second is a true milestone for me: an A in my private lessons! This is the first time I have ever seen anything higher than a B on my grade report for my clarinet lessons, and it feels both amazing and hard earned. I can honestly say that I have worked my ass off this semester on my Clarinet and really feel like I deserve an A. From the time and energy I have devoted to wind ensemble, to just about having my jury piece memorized-it feels sooo good to see that A. My jury performance was not perfect by any means, don't get me wrong. But it was much more solid and I felt much more confident standing on that stage than I ever have before-leaking ceiling included. The rest of my grades are still up in the air, so hopefully by my next post I will be able to report positive results for the first half of Junior year.

My health continues as per last update unfortunatley. With finals and juries and moving out and all of the other end of the semester stuff going on I really have kinda put my conditions on the back burner. I've continued to get in the gym every day but today this past week for one to two hours burning 800 calories consitantly and lifting weights. My weight has leveled off at 190 for right now, not bad after Thanksgiving and a week of a bad chest cold and no excercise. I can honestly say, aside from being tired, that I feel strong and healthy and hopeful still. The fax I have been waiting for is finally waiting for me at my place of employment and I am going to sign it and fax it right back first thing when I walk in tomorrow. With the holidays coming this could be drawn out even longer, so strap in with me guys-this is going to be a long haul. Even if I did not have school going on I have a feeling this would take just about as long as it is right now.

Jess and I are coming up on an amazing 6 months and we celebrated yesterday with an adventure to woodfield mall for some shopping and dinner at the cheesecake factory and a relaxing and nice evening back at school. My mother said it best-I have got a great partner in her. Call me optomistic but I really see a bright, loving and succesful future for both of us together. I know there will be hardships, struggles, fights and everything else that comes with the terriotory we're skirting around right now-but for the first time in my life and out of all the "relationships" I've ever been in-this feels strong and real. There's very very little doubt in my heart and head, there's no tenseness or awkwardness. Our lives are becoming intertwined and it's only made us stronger. I cannot wait to see what life has in store for us!

This next week is going to be a relax, recharge, and reorganize week for me. A drive up to Gurnee to see my Great Grandmother and spend some time with my Father, room cleaning and lots of video game playing is on my agenda and I can't wait to not have to get out of my PJ's for a couple of days this next week. OH! If anyone reading this knows of a store that I can go to and find a backpack on wheels please tell me. I need to get my heavy as F**K backpack off my back before I need surgery for a new back. I don't want to order off the internet because I'm picky about my backpack selection-i.e. I want to go in to a place and open all the zippers up and make sure that it's big enough and all that.

end of line.

0 comments

Post a Comment

 
|  Music for Life. Blogger Template By Lawnydesignz Powered by Blogger